Friday, February 27, 2009

A Little Recipe Organization

If you love cooking like me, then you have a zillion recipes floating around your house - stuffed into folders, crammed into beat-up cookbooks or earmarked in favorite cooking magazines. I like being organized and not being able to find recipes that I use constantly was getting to be frustrating. So, I came up with a few organizing ideas.

1. To cut down on magazine-mania, I went through my cooking magazines, cut out the recipes I wanted to keep or that I realistically knew I would actually make some day and slipped them into page protectors and stuck them in a binder. I chucked the rest of the magazines but did keep the magazines that were chock full of amazing recipes.

2. Now I have 2 binders. One binder (okay, one and a half - the first one overflowed) contains recipes that I have yet to try, but still interest me. The other binder is full of the recipes that I have tried and that I actually like. (Why keep a recipe everyone hated?) That way, when I want to make an old favorite, I don't have to flip through countless page protectors of gorgeous food pictures and 10 different pumpkin pie recipes to find the Sticky Chicken recipe I want.


Do you have any recipe organization tricks? Post a comment and let us know! I know I can use all the suggestions I can scrape in.

1 comment:

clair said...

I do the binder thing too. I need to try the Sesame candy it sounds so yummy!